The NAB Weekend Code of Conduct is here to protect and ensure everyone has a safe, enjoyable time at our event.
All NAB Weekend Attendees, Volunteers and Staff:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Although NAB Weekend is specifically geared toward gay men – some events, such as entertainment & contest, will also allow women to attend. Please be respectful to all attendees, no matter what their gender is.
- Must provide a valid government issued photo ID (driver license, state ID card) or Passport which provides a recognizable photo of you and clearly states your date of birth. For our International guests, please provide your ID and your Passport. If there is any doubt in determining your date of birth or age – we may refuse your entry to the event. Attendees must be at least 21 years of age.
- Understand that NAB WEEKEND Registration is not transferable.
- You are entirely responsible and liable for all activities conducted by you.
Below are some, though not all, violations that may result in the refusal of your registration and/or removal from the event by board members of the Kentucky Bourbon Bears/NAB Weekend/Hotel Staff, or agents acting on their behalf. By submitting your application/registration to NAB Weekend, you agree to the following rules of conduct.
You agree to the following:
- Will conduct yourself in a reasonable manner in all public areas including, but not limited to, Ballroom functions, Registration, Pool Area, Vendor Market, Hotel Lobby, Hotel Hallways, Special Workshops, etc.
- Will not posses, use, sell, barter, gift or bring any controlled/illegal/illicit drugs or drug paraphernalia to any NAB WEEKEND event, activity, hotel, bar or other facility. This includes marijuana which is illegal in Kentucky. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Hotels will press charges and evict you from the premises without warning or reimbursement of fees. Violation of this item will result in permanent ban from attending NAB WEEKEND or any Kentucky Bourbon Bears event for life.
- You must keep your genitalia and butt cracks covered at all times while in the common areas and events space of the hotel. The only exception to this rule is during our dance parties; jockstraps are allowed at all dance parties during the event, and you do not have to cover your butt crack.
- Sexual acts in event spaces, restrooms, and other common areas of the hotel property will not be tolerated by event staff or hotel employees. Violation of this rule will result in eviction from the event and hotel without warning or reimbursement of fees.
- No solicitation for sex for payment, money, barter or favors (also known as prostitution, escorting, etc…)
- No unwelcome sexual advances to attendees or employees of hosting facilities.
- No public urinating or defecating unless in a urinal or toilet.
- Keep public displays of affection respectable (there are tons of bedrooms to take your man to)
- Be responsible. Control your drinking of alcoholic beverages (public intoxication is illegal and is a misdemeanor offense punishable by arrest)
- Resolve situations without the use of abusive verbal and physical confrontations
- Will act in a way that does not embarrass, or tarnish the reputation of, the Kentucky Bourbon Bears, NAB WEEKEND, the Hotel & its staff, or any other members/agencies associated with the event.
- Agree that physical and/or disruptive verbal altercations with any guest, customer, member, staff, or anyone on the property can lead to dismissal from the event (at the Chairman & KBB Board’s discretion). Any such disruption that results in law enforcement’s involvement will be grounds for immediate dismissal from the event and hotel – without refund – and permanent banning for future NAB WEEKEND events.
(1) Agree not to hold Kentucky Bourbon Bears, Inc. or NAB WEEKEND, its officers, membership, guests, sponsors, volunteers, or any commercial establishment or its staff used in conjunction with this event responsible for any loss or injury either to their property or their person while participating in this event.
(2) Are fully responsible for any damages they may cause to the hotel property or commercial establishments used during this event.
(3) Are fully responsible for any guests that you allow into the hotel property, including any damages caused to the property, until such person(s) leave(s) the property.
(4) Will not indulge in actions that could be considered discriminatory or racist.
(5) Will grant Kentucky Bourbon Bears, Inc., NAB WEEKEND, and anyone designated by such the right to use their likeness, image, voice and appearance whether recorded on or transferred to videotape, film, slides, photographs, or other media, for publication, broadcast or use on the web.
(6) It is further understood that this is a public event – and that Kentucky Bourbon Bears, Inc., NAB WEEKEND nor anyone cannot control people from making pictures public. Attendees should use good judgment, discretion and respect people’s privacy before posting, tagging or sharing pictures with other people or on social media sites. If you do not want your picture taken – immediately inform the photographer. If you see a photo on social media, please inform the person immediately and ask the photo(s) to be removed.
(7) Understand that the failure to follow any one of these guidelines is grounds for being escorted away from and/or being asked to leave the event without a refund of registration or hotel room fees. Continued failure to comply may additionally result in being banned from future events.